10 Best Cargo Pants 2017
If you feel the need for extra pockets, cargo pants were invented for you; however, simply having extra pockets doesn’t make a pair of cargo pants the best. They need to be high quality, well designed, and most of all they need to be durable.
A great pair of cargo pants equips you to handle anything that life may throw at you if there’s one thing a wearer of cargo pants understands, it is that life is unpredictable (that’s why you need all the extra pockets).
Finding a truly epic pair of cargo pants can be overwhelming. There are many options on the market, but not all of them are created equal. There’s no need to worry, where some fall short, others have risen to the challenge! We have made it our mission to find them for you.
We have compiled reviews, suggestions, and tips to help you on your quest to find the best cargo pants. Scroll down to find reviews!
Things to Consider When Buying Cargo Pants
Here are some things to consider while you shop for the perfect cargo pants:
- Sizing. It can be difficult to know whether or not the pants you order will fit properly. Check the manufacturer’s sizing charts and check out reviews to see if pants run true to size.
- Budget. It’s a fact that women’s products can cost more than men’s. If you’re a female searching for practical cargo pants, try ordering men’s pants instead. It might save you money, just be sure they have a good return policy in case they don’t.
Top 10 Cargo Pants Table
|1. TRU-SPEC Men's Lightweight||Men’s||$$$$||4.7|
|2. Wrangler RIGGS WORKWEAR Men's Ranger Pant||Men’s||$$$||4.5|
|3. 5.11 Tactical Women's Stryke Pants||Women’s||$$$$||4.4|
|4. CQR Men's Tactical Pants Lightweight Assault Cargo||Men’s||$||4.4|
|5. Levi's Men's 541 Athletic-Fit Cargo Pant||Men’s||$$$||4.4|
|6. Lee Women's Modern Series Straight Fit Zuma Cargo Pant||Women’s||$$||4.3|
|7. Carhartt Men's Rugged Cargo Pant in Relaxed Fit||Men’s||$$||4.3|
|8. Royal Robbins Women's Classic Zip N' Go Pant||Women’s||$$$||4.0|
|9. Rope-Belted Backpackers Cargo Pants||Women’s||$$$||4.0|
|10. Match Women's Classic Straight Leg Multi Pocket Cargo Pants||Women’s||$||4.0|
Check out our buying tips. We’ve designed them with useful information to help you find the best cargo pants:
- Quality. Cargo pants are a great choice for hiking and camping or jobs that are tough on clothes. It is important that the cargo pants be durable and made from high-quality. Check for reinforced knees, seams and other features that will make your pants last.
- Features. From hidden pockets to a professional slim fit, cargo pants come with a wide variety of features. Take the time to truly consider which features you need and search for those, avoid any unnecessary gimmicks, as they can come with a higher price tag.
- Budget. Cargo pants can be expensive! Don’t worry; it’s possible to get a great pair at an affordable price. Check out brands that are trying to establish themselves in the market; often they will have a lower price tag with great quality. Also, think about whether or not you really need three knife pockets, downsizing could save you money!
Tip. If you are shopping on a budget, check out #4 in our table: they are of great quality to a budget price.
Top 3 Best Cargo Pants Reviews
Take a look at these cargo pants from TRU-SPEC. There is no doubt as to why these are the best cargo pants on the market, keep reading, and we’ll fill you in.
These cargo pants are constructed of 6.5 oz. 65/35 Teflon coated polyester cotton rip-stop fabric. You can count on them to be wind resistant, stain resistant and to provide durable strength, and other properties perfect for tactical use.
They have expandable back pockets with hook and loop closures and two knife or accessory pockets with stiff fusing inner lining. There are also two thigh cargo pockets with hook and loop closures. It’s easy to keep anything you might need for work or play inside the well-designed pockets.
They are quick drying and wrinkle resistant, we love how comfortable they are and the thought that went into designing these cargo pants.
Wrangler has created a great cargo work pant with their Ranger line.
You can expect 100% cotton rip-stop fabric, this heavyweight cotton fabric features reinforced knees, with a right-side hammer loop, and large side cargo pockets with flaps.
We love the durability of these cargo pants from Wrangler; they are pants that will last through whatever your work throws at them. They are also machine-washable, so they’re easy to clean them up afterward. They are good about not fading and hold up well in the wash.
You’ll find a zip fly with button closure, these pants are available in a variety of sizes and colors and will make a great addition to any work wardrobe.
Women need cargo pants too, and these pants from 5.11 are the best on the market.
Made from 63% polyester, and 37% cotton rip-stop fabric, these low profile 6.76 oz. Flex-Tac pants will hold up to anything you can throw at them.
You’ll find a fixed waistband, fully gusseted crotch, and articulated knees that are ready for kneepads.
We love how seriously well made these cargo pants are. There is bar tacking at all major seams and stress points. They also feature a Teflon finish, in addition to 12 pockets that are sized for proper tactical use.
To make these cargo pants even better, they are customizable! They come in a variety of lengths from short to long, and you can choose from several colors making these the best choice for high quality, serious cargo pants for women.