We’re going to have to start this article by revealing the truth to you about leather leggings: they don’t exist.
Real leather pants exist (oh yes, and we love them!), but real leather leggings do not exist.
Leggings are stretchy and designed to become one with your body. Real leather has to be sewn into various sections, and once you put all of the pieces together, you end up with a pair of pants.
So, now that we’ve cleared that up, we will still be helping you find the best “leather” leggings in our guide below (a.k.a. pleather or faux leather). We have some great ideas, so check them out!
How to Choose Leather Leggings
There are a few things to take into consideration as you shop. Here are some useful tips that will help you choose the right leggings for the occasion:
- Matte or Shiny – Decide if you need a matte finish or a shiny finish. Shiny is usually more attention-grabbing. Great for a night out on the town or to an event. These are usually called “liquid” or “metallic” leggings. Matte could go either way, depending on the look you’re going for, but it would be our go-to choice for more casual events.
- Waist – If you need a little extra tummy control, look for leggings with a high waist and a wide tummy panel. Some of them have a high waist but stretch on the top since there is no extra reinforcement in this area, so double-check this if you’re looking specifically for tummy control!
- Color – Not all of the faux leather leggings are black. Don’t exclude other colors… some of them have many potentials for you to put together a unique outfit!
Here are a few other tips we’d like to share with you. You’re more likely to find the right pair on the first try if you remember all of the small details!
- Length – Since some are ankle length while others only come ¾ of the way down your calf, make sure you double-check this before you choose. If you want to wear heels, then get ankle-length leggings. If you’ll be wearing boots, it doesn’t matter.
- Washing Instructions – Be careful with some of the liquid/metallic leggings, as sending them through the washing machine and dryer can ruin the finish. We recommend washing all leggings by hand, but since many of you don’t have time for that, at least send them through the delicate cycle in the washing machine and hang them dry. They’ll last much longer!
Features of a Good Leather Legging
- Materials – Because leather legginsg will not consit of genuine leather but faux leather they are usually polyester and spandex that is designed to look like leather.
- Colors and Finishes – Leather Look Leggings come in either wet look, patent or vintage classic leather finishes, as well as a variety of solid and mixed colors and even metallic colors.
- Other Features – Some Leather leggings are designed to look like actual leather jeans or pants, and others may come with a pocket or additional features.
- Rise – Most leather leggings will have a mid or high rise for tummy control and to flatter your curves.
Reviews: Best Leather Leggings
Here are some of our best available Leather Leggings;
- SPANX are definitely some of the best leather leggings (er- faux leather leggings) out there. They have a higher price tag because they are well made, so they earn the top spot on our list.
- The company is well known for its shapewear, which is why this pair of leggings has a nice top panel to help control your mid-section and smooth your silhouette.
- Once you put them on, they’ll easily turn into your favorite pair. They come in a couple of other colors, too!
- It is a big investment (they’re just leggings, right?), but seriously…SPANX writes a whole new definition to the word “leggings.” If you’ve always wanted to try them but never have, we’re here to tell you that you should go for it!
- Here we have a hybrid option for those of you with voluptuous, plus-size curves.
- The front of these leggings are shiny (faux leather), but the back is made of a comfortable, stretchy polyester/Spandex mix.
- Yes, they kind of fit into the “jegging” category, but they do have the leather (which is what you’re looking for), and they’re comfortable.
- Since they run a bit large, you might want to order a size smaller if your measurements fall somewhere in between.
- Sexy leggings for your sexy curves! Definitely a great mix of texture and comfort here.
- The Sakkas footless leggings are elegant and fashionable for all occasions.
- They are paten leather leggings available in shiny metallic colors and options.
- These leggings will flatter your curves and have a slimming fit.
- The metallic colors make them ideal for evening wear.
- Guess is a well-known brand that also makes some of the best leggings like these faux leather leggings.
- These are faux leather with a higher rise to flatten your tummy.
- The Leggings consist of soft polyester with spandex for super stretch.
- They do, however, need to be hand-washed only.
- The Everbellus Sexy Leggings are perfect for a night out.
- They are a Faux leather design with a high waist fit that has a slimming effect.
- These leggings are versatile and a comfortable fit.
- They are easy to pair with fancy night outwear or even a t-shirt.
- From leggings Depot, we have the Ultra Soft Leather Leggings.
- They are Faux Leather consisting of spandex and polyester that is soft and very stretchable.
- The Leggings come in a few basic color options.
- The higher waist also helps with tummy control and a more flattering fit.
- From Tagoo, we have sexy and figure-hugging black leggings in leather.
- These leggings are Faux leather with a thin fleece lining for softness and a four-way stretch design.
- The shiny pleater is ideal for all occasions and wear.
- The leggings have a wet look design and a wide waistband as well as a higher rise.
- The Hue Leatherette Leggings look almost just like a pair of leather jeans.
- These appear to be leather jeans but with a pull-on design as leggings.
- They are a soft Polyester and Spandex with a faux leather look.
- These leggings are also fully machine washable, which is a great bonus.
- From Ewedoos, we have the tummy control waistband leather leggings.
- The leggings ate a soft polyester and spandex with a leather appeal and felt to them.
- They have a tummy-controlling waistband and a higher rise for slimming effects.
- The leggings also have pockets that are convenient and a non-see-through design, which is ideal for leggings.
- Seasum brings you their high waist Yoga leggings in a leather look.
- These leggings are the ideal Yoa and exercise leggings with a stunning leather appeal.
- They are soft and comfortable with a pull on closure and a tummy controlling slimming waistband.
- You can also get them in different size options as well as more colors available.
Index Table: Top Rated Leather Leggings
|1||Spanx Women's Faux - Leggings in Leather||Spanx||98.3|
|2||1826 Women's Jeans - Leather Leggings||1826||98|
|3||Sakkas Women's Footless - Leather Legging||Sakkas||97|
|4||Guess Factory Women's Fae - Leggings in Leather||Guess Factory||96.3|
|5||Everbellus Women's Sexy - Leather Leggings||Everbellus||97|
|6||Leggings Depot Women's Ultra Soft - Soft Leather Leggings||Leggings Depot||97|
|7||Tagoo Women's Stretchy - Leather Feel Leggings||Tagoo||96.8|
|8||Hue Women's Leatherette - Leather Leggings||Hue||97|
|9||Ewedoos Women's Yoga - Yoga Slimming Leggings||Ewedoos||97.5|
|10||Seasum Women's High Waist - Slimming Yoga Tights||Seasum||97.4|
Table of Contents
- How to Choose Leather Leggings
- Extra Tips
- Features of a Good Leather Legging
- Reviews: Best Leather Leggings
- Spanx® Women's Faux Leggings in Leather
- 1826® Women's Jeans Leather Leggings
- Sakkas® Women's Footless Leather Legging
- Guess Factory® Women's Fae Leggings in Leather
- Everbellus® Women's Sexy Leather Leggings
- Leggings Depot® Women's Ultra Soft Soft Leather Leggings
- Tagoo® Women's Stretchy Leather Feel Leggings
- Hue® Women's Leatherette Leather Leggings
- Ewedoos® Women's Yoga Yoga Slimming Leggings
- Seasum® Women's High Waist Slimming Yoga Tights
- Index Table: Top Rated Leather Leggings