There are plenty of tips out there that will help you find a nice pair of sunglasses based on your face shape, but what about your face size?
That’s where we come in.
Our suggestions below will help you small-faced beauties find the right pair of sunglasses for your petite, delicate features.
Not sure where to begin? We’ll help you to find the best sunglasses for small faces.
Table of Contents
Small Frame Sunglasses - Considerations
1. Skin Tone
2. Hair Color
3. Eye Color
- Skin Tone – Cooler skin tones will look great with soft pastels, cool blues, greens, or even a bold purple. Black and tortoise-colored frames will also look nice. For warmer skin tones, stick with earthy colors like brown, orange, gold, or olive green. You might even like to add a pop of fun with some bold yellow or red frames.
- Hair Color – Your hair color is another determining factor, so look for frame colors that compliment your locks.
- Eye Color – If you want your eyes to pop, then get a pair of frames that complement your eye color nicely. Lens color, frame color, and frame thickness will all play a role.
There’s more to choosing the best sunglasses for small faces than that, so keep reading to find out which are some of our favorite styles.
What Styles of Sunglasses Work Well for Small Faces
1. Bold Frames
2. Round Sunglasses
3. Wayfarer Sunglasses
4. Aviator Sunglasses
- Bold Frames – Help draw more attention to your eyes rather than your pointed, preferably thicker on the top of the rim.
- Round Sunglasses – Be careful with the round sunglasses. You don’t want to look like a giant bug! If you can pull off a pair of round glasses due to your face shape (square or heart-shaped face), make sure that the frames sit on or just below the eyebrow and don’t fall too far down the cheekbone.
- Wayfarer Sunglasses – Look for 50mm-52mm Wayfarer sunglasses that won’t overwhelm your face. If you have a small oval-shaped or oblong face, then this style will suit you well.
- Aviator Sunglasses – Small oval-shaped faces or small square faces will look great in a pair of Aviators. Ray-Ban makes small aviator sunglasses that will fit your face nicely, these sunglasses appear on our list below.
Aviator Sunglasses vs. Wayfarer Sunglasses
|Property / Model||Aviator||Wayfarer|
|Frame||Metal & Thin||Plastic & Thick|
|Face Fit||Oval & Squre||Oval & Round|
Features of Good Sunglasses for a Small Face
- Shape – There are different types of sunglasses shapes, such as aviator designs, round shapes, rectangular shapes, and even cat-eye shapes, that are all ideal for smaller faces.
- Frame – Different frame options are also available, consisting of metal, plastic, nylon, or composite materials, and many colors and even printed options.
- Lenses – Lenses come in different shade and color options and should offer 100% UV protection, some offer UVC and UVB protection as well. The lens will be either Polarized or Non-Polarized. Lenses are also either plastic, glass, or composite.
Reviews: The Best Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Yes, these are the most expensive sunglasses on our list, but they are also one of the best sunglasses for small faces, which is why they’re on the top!
- The modified rectangular shape is designed to complement those of you who have smaller proportioned facial features.
- The frames are lightweight (20% thinner than most standard laminated glass lenses), scratch-resistant, and they’re comfortable to wear for long periods of time (road trips, theme parks, all-day shopping spree, etc.)
- They feature a smooth, high-gloss finish, and most importantly, the color-infused lens will eliminate 99.9% of glare and block 100% of UV rays to keep your eyes protected.
- Being rectangular, these would look great on those of you with round, oblong or oval-shaped faces.
- Two other colors are available, too!
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Ray-Ban Round sunglasses will perfectly flatter a small face with an oval shape.
- The frame is very durable plastic, and there are plastic non-polarized lenses.
- The lenses offer excellent UV protection with a UV coating.
- The 49 mm lenses and 145 mm arms are ideal for a smaller face fit.
- There are also multiple lenses and frame color options available from which you can choose.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Sunglasses are available in 52, 55, and 58-millimeter sizes; I would recommend a smaller size for small faces.
- They are unisex sunglasses that have a non-polarized lens and that offer 100% UV protection.
- The frame is very durable nylon that is quite strong, and the lenses are Uv coated and available in different color options.
- The design will also reduce eyestrain and offers better clarity in view.
- These are small Aviator design Sunglasses at a 52-millimeter width, which is ideal for smaller faces.
- The frame is a thin but durable metal.
- There are Non-Polarized Glass lenses.
- The lens will offer you 100% Uv protection with a protective coating.
- The Zero UV Store sunglasses are available in a large variety of lens and frame color options, as well as their fun and funky retro colors range.
- The frame is a durable plastic with metal hinges.
- The small-sized 48 mm lens and 140mm arms are ideal for smaller faces.
- The lenses are coated to offer 100% Uv protection and are likewise non-polarized.
- There are a classic keyhole nose bridge design and Horn Rimmed details on most of the models.
- The Feisedy Cats Eye sunglasses are the perfect shape and design for persons with small faces.
- The frame and lenses are both durable plastics.
- The lenses are 100% UV protection and are non-polarized.
- The smaller 53mm lenses and the smaller frame are ideal for small faces.
- The coating offers protection against UVB, UVA rays with Uv400 optimization.
- There are also many color options available in this sunglass range.
- The Sungait Vintage round sunglasses come in a range of vintage and retro frame and lens colors from which you can select.
- The Sunglasses have a composite frame and composite lens with a UV protection coating,
- IT offers 100% UVB and UVA protection with a UV400 optimization technology lens.
- The frame is very lightweight, still extremely durable, and comes with a lifetime breakage warranty.
- From Frienda, you get a set of three sunglasses with small oval shapes and different colored lenses.
- These are small sunglasses for a smaller face that come in sets of three with various color variations.
- There is a metal frame that is thin but durable and small shaped lenses.
- The lenses are a durable and non-toxic Pc material that offers good Uv protection.
- I recommend these sunglasses as a fashion and novelty item for light protection.
- We like Kate Spade’s quality and pricing. You’ll drop less for these than you will a pair of Maui Jims or some Ray-Ban models, but the quality is still there.
- The gradient lenses are 53mm wide, great for smaller faces since they won’t make you feel like you’re drowning in the sunglasses. They’re nonpolarized and have a 100% UV protection coating with contrasting colors on the inner arms.
- Petite, slim, and narrow facial features will balance out with a pair of these on.
- The color combinations are fab, plus you get the case!
- Highly recommended.
- Wood has become increasingly more popular with consumers, so we wanted to be sure and suggest this pair of wooden glasses for those interested in a unique look.
- They’re unisex, too, and will complement smaller faces on both men and women.
- These are wayfarers (50mm), making them great for extra small faces.
- The lenses feature a 100% UV protection coating, and they come with a bamboo carrying case.
- They’re available in different wood stains and lens colors so that they will complement a wide range of skin tones.
- The model featuring green lenses looks great on redheads!
Index Table: Top Rated Sunglasses for Small Faces
|1||Maui Jim Women's Punch Bowl - Best Maui Jim for Small Face||Maui Jim||92|
|2||Ray Ban Women's RB2180 - Sunglasses for a Smaller face Type||Ray Ban||91.75|
|3||Ray-Ban Unisex Rb2132 - Wayfarer Sunglasses||Ray-Ban||90.8|
|4||Ray-Ban Women's Aviator - Women's Aviator Sunglasses for Small Faces||Ray-Ban||90.5|
|5||Zero UV Store Women's Retro Horn - Women's Sunglasses for Smaller Faces||Zero UV Store||90|
|6||Feisedy Women's Small - Cat Eye Sunglasses for Small Faces||Feisedy||89.9|
|7||Sungait Women's Vintage - Women's Polarized Sunglasses for Small Faces||Sungait||89.5|
|8||Frienda Women's 3 Peice - Cheap Sunglasses for Small Faces||Frienda||89.2|
|9||Kate Spade New York Women's Paxtons - Sunglasses for Smaller Faces||Kate Spade New York||88.8|
|10||Cloudfield Unisex Wooden Sunglasses - Wayfarer Sunglasses for Small Faces||Cloudfield||88.6|
Table of Contents
- Small Frame Sunglasses - Considerations
- What Styles of Sunglasses Work Well for Small Faces
- Aviator Sunglasses vs. Wayfarer Sunglasses
- Features of Good Sunglasses for a Small Face
- Reviews: The Best Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Maui Jim® Women's Punch Bowl Best Maui Jim for Small Face
- Ray Ban® Women's RB2180 Sunglasses for a Smaller face Type
- Ray-Ban® Unisex Rb2132 Wayfarer Sunglasses
- Ray-Ban® Women's Aviator Women's Aviator Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Zero UV Store® Women's Retro Horn Women's Sunglasses for Smaller Faces
- Feisedy® Women's Small Cat Eye Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Sungait® Women's Vintage Women's Polarized Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Frienda® Women's 3 Peice Cheap Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Kate Spade New York® Women's Paxtons Sunglasses for Smaller Faces
- Cloudfield® Unisex Wooden Sunglasses Wayfarer Sunglasses for Small Faces
- Index Table: Top Rated Sunglasses for Small Faces