If you don’t give much thought to what you wear under your pants, then guys, it’s time to think again.
Rather than just dealing with the pair that you found on sale at one of those chain stores, how about doing a bit of research to find something that fits you well and offers much more comfort?
Below, we highlight the most comfortable underwear for men. While we know that not everyone has the same definition of “comfort,” our suggestions will send you looking in the right direction.
If a lot of other guys have had great success with these, then we’re pretty sure that you’ll find something that works great for you, too.
Things to Take into Consideration
Before you select a pair of underwear, here are a few things to consider.
Fabric – The material used to make the underwear makes a huge difference, so below, we will explain the differences between each kind.
Breathability – You want something breathable and moisture-wicking, which helps keep all intimate areas dry and comfortable.
Occasion – Wearing a pair of boxers under your business clothing may not be a good idea. You should match the type of underwear to the occasion and the type of clothing that you wear.
Underwear Styles that are Comfortable
Some underwear designs are just more comfortable than others;
- Boxers – These shorts under your pants offer you a very loose fit. Freedom! Silk boxers are best since they glide over the fabric of your clothing (they won’t bunch and ride up), but for some men, they don’t offer enough support. Perfect for everyday use.
- Briefs – If you tried boxers and they didn’t work out, then you might be a brief guy. These offer much more support but remember that the leg holes are designed to cling to your body, which some find uncomfortable and too restricting. For casual, everyday situations.
- Boxer Briefs – Just like Goldilocks, you tried on boxers, which were too loose, briefs, which were too tight, and then the boxer briefs, which turned out to be perfect. Great when you wear formal attire or when playing sports.
- Long Underwear – These are perfect in the winter months. Whether you ski all day or your job keeps you outside in the cold weather, a pair of long, thermal underwear can keep you warm and dry.
The Right Fabrics
To get the most comfortable underwear, you need to know which fabrics are ideal;
- Cotton – 100% cotton underwear is probably the most common type out there, but there are different grades (qualities) of this material that can mean the difference between a good pair of underwear and a low-quality pair that wears out fast. Underwear made of Pima cotton, organic cotton, and combed cotton are all excellent choices.
- Synthetic Fibers – Fabrics like polyester, rayon, nylon, modal, and satin are all made from synthetic fibers. They may be more durable, and some are very soft, but if you have skin allergies or sensitive skin, they may not be appropriate for you.
- Silk – Pure silk underwear are made from fibers of the silkworm cocoon. It is the softest and most expensive material and used mainly in men’s boxers. Check out number five on our list above!
Features of Comfortable Underwear for Men
- Materails – Materials such as Cotton are very breathable, durable, and soft, Polyester is added for softness, and elastane for stretchability.
- Comfort Fetaures – Comfort features such as stretchability, tagless and seam-free design, and soft materials add to support and comfort.
- Designs – Men’s underwear come in different designs and briefs, boxers, and full designs, which are usually more comfortable.
- Colors and Options – Most men’s underwear is available in regular and plus-sized options and a variety of colors and patterns.
Reviews: Best Comfortable Underwear for Man
In this list, we have some of the most comfortable brief and underwear brands and models that are available for men;
The ExOfficio Sports Boxers and Briefs will keep you comfortable and regulates temperatures as needed.
- 100% comfortable, the ExOfficio Boxer Brief is perfect for the adventurous guy.
- Great for outdoor adventures in various climates and temperatures.
- The fabric is treated with a special material that helps kill odor-causing bacteria.
- Moisture-wicking, breathable, and quick-drying, they have everything that an active man needs.
Tommy Hilfiger is a top brand that makes some of the most luxurious underwear, such as these Classic Cotton Briefs for men.
- Tommy Hilfiger makes these 100% cotton briefs that are great for casual wear and daily activities.
- They offer you the right amount of support, stretch, and they won’t bunch up when you wear them under jeans.
- If briefs are your idea of the most comfortable underwear for men, then get yourself a pack of these. Choose from a variety of colors!
We have full coverage from Calvin Klein, comfortable cotton boxer briefs for men, available in a few color options.
- These comfortable, low-rise boxers from Calvin Klein are made from cotton, giving you a close fit that doesn’t leave you feeling compressed.
- These are designed with a comfortable contour pouch in the front and full coverage in the back.
- The added stretch allows for daily movements that won’t have you focusing on which way your underwear is traveling.
- Calvin Klein knows how to dress a man’s form, so it’s hard to go wrong with a pair of his underwear!
The Adidas Boxer Briefs are very breathable and soft to wear and fully machine washable and quick drying.
- the material is soft and stretchable with smooth stitching and a tagless waistband to reduce irritation.
- They can be machine washed and will dry very quickly.
- The feel of the briefs is very soft and plush, and there is a no-gap fly design.
- They offer an athletic, comfortable, and stretchable fit.
The Cool Dri technology and tag-free design of the Hanes Sports Briefs make them extremely comfortable and breathable.
- They consist of cotton, heather, and polyester materials that are soft and breathable.
- The Cool Dri technology fabric wicks away moisture and keeps you cool and dry.
- They are also tag-free for itch-free comfort.
- The style is sporty and fashionable with contrasting stitching.
The Hanes Boxers are tagless and seamless for your comfort, with a stretchable waistband.
- They consist of cotton and polyester that are soft and breathable.
- The waistband is stretchable and comfortable with a flex design.
- Your boxers will keep their shape after every wash and not stretch out.
- The tagless design is also not scratchy or irritating.
The Gildan Regular Briefs are comfortable in fit, with breathable cotton and polyester materials.
- The briefs consist of 100% cotton with polyester blended in for softness.
- They are breathable and will wick away moisture to keep you cool and dry.
- There are different color options available from which you can select,
- The Non-Binding waistband is much more comfortable in design.
The Tag Free Range from Fruit Of The Loom is more comfortable against the skin. And has no friction causing seams or tags.
- the briefs consist of 1005 pure and breathable cotton.
- The mid-rise style is more comfortable and fashionable to wear.
- They come in a six-pack with various color options available.
- the cotton materials are naturally soft and absorbent.
The Champion Boxer Briefs feature Double Dry technology that keeps you dry and comfortable all day.
- You get a pack of 5 pieces of underwear in different color options.
- They have Double Dry Technology and temperature regulating X-=Temp technology to keep you dry and cool.
- The new comfort fit is more relaxed and comfortable.
- Other than that, there is a contoured front panel for all-day comfort and support.
The Comfortable Boxer Vriiefs from Levi’s are lightweight and very durable.
- They consist of cotton and elastane only.
- Cotton is breathable and quite durable materials.
- The brief design is more comfortable to wear and offers better coverage.
- moreover, there are colors and patterns available from which you can choose.
Index Table: Top Rated Comfortable Underwear for Men
|1||ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go - Sport Boxer Brief||ExOfficio||98.8|
|2||Tommy Hilfiger Men's Classic - Underwear Multipack Cotton Briefs||Tommy Hilfiger||98.7|
|3||Calvin Klein Men's Classic - Cotton Boxer Briefs||Calvin Klein||98.4|
|4||Adidas Men's Performance - 3-Pack Boxer Brief||Adidas||98|
|5||Hanes Men's Sports - Inspired Cool Dri Boxer Brief||Hanes||97.6|
|6||Hanes Men's Tartan - Boxer with Inside Waistband||Hanes||96.9|
|7||Gildan Men's Regular - Comfortable Boxer Briefs||Gildan||97.3|
|8||Fruit of The Loom Men's Tag Free - Comfortable Briefs||Fruit of The Loom||97.2|
|9||Champion Men's Boxer Briefs - Comfortable Underwear for Men||Champion||96.7|
|10||Levi's Men's Stretch - Comfortable Briefs||Levi's||97|
Table of Contents
- Things to Take into Consideration
- Underwear Styles that are Comfortable
- The Right Fabrics
- Features of Comfortable Underwear for Men
- Reviews: Best Comfortable Underwear for Man
- ExOfficio® Men's Give-N-Go Sport Boxer Brief
- Tommy Hilfiger® Men's Classic Underwear Multipack Cotton Briefs
- Calvin Klein® Men's Classic Cotton Boxer Briefs
- Adidas® Men's Performance 3-Pack Boxer Brief
- Hanes® Men's Sports Inspired Cool Dri Boxer Brief
- Hanes® Men's Tartan Boxer with Inside Waistband
- Gildan® Men's Regular Comfortable Boxer Briefs
- Fruit of The Loom® Men's Tag Free Comfortable Briefs
- Champion® Men's Boxer Briefs Comfortable Underwear for Men
- Levi's® Men's Stretch Comfortable Briefs
- Index Table: Top Rated Comfortable Underwear for Men