If you have large breasts, it means that your endeavors of finding just the right plus-size bra often come down to nothing. Does this scenario sound familiar to you? If yes, you’ll find this article useful.
Finding the best plus size bra is imperative since these are clothing items you construct your entire wardrobe. How they make you feel influences your overall comfort and how your clothes fit and look.
Thus, one cannot contradict the importance of shopping wisely in this department.
Fear no more. We want to introduce you to the best alternatives of plus-size bras on the market so that you can feel confident when making a purchase.
Tips to Consider When Choosing a Plus Sized Bra
Adequate bra support is of fundamental importance, especially for full-figured women. If the bra provides poor support, that places increased pressure on the straps, which will make them dig into your shoulders.
Best plus size bra choices are classified into four categories, as follows:
- Full-Cup Bras – As the name already implies, these cover the whole breast, which means that the support they provide is optimal. Low-cut seams create the shape of a teardrop. However, high-placed seams give a round, natural shape. The primary disadvantage of full-cup bras is that they cannot be worn with certain necklines since the material reaches the upper side of the body.
- Plunge Bras – They are usually manufactured with lightly padded lining for additional support and shaping purposes. They are ideal for low-cut dresses and tops.
- Balconette Bras – They have a low cut, which is why you can easily wear these underneath low necklines.
- Multiway Bras – They come with straps that you can rearrange for different types of clothing. Nonetheless, it’s vital to make sure that the construction of such bras is reliable. If you wear them strapless, the support depends entirely on the band.
Features of a Good Plus Sized Bra
- Materials – Bras in plus sizes come in durable and comfortable materails such as Polyester, Cotton, Spandex, Elastane and Nylon.
- Straps – The straps on the back and shoulders will be wider and more comfortable.
- Underwire Support – Most options will come with underwire support, except for sporst bra designs.
- Closures – The closures will usually be a hook and eyelet closure, and many plus-sized bras have a three-row eyelet closure rather than the two-row. Sports designs will have a pull-on closure.
Reviews: Best Plus Size Bras
Below are some of the best brands and models when it comes to bras that are available in plus sizes;
- Playtex is a well-supported and top brand that many women trust and enjoy.
- The Playtex Secrets Plus-sized bra range is comfortable and supportive for larger breasts and plus-sized ladies.
- The cups are lined with cotton and polyester, and the rest has cotton, polyester, and spandex for stretch, along with Nylon and Spandex straps.
- The straps are wider, and there is a wider band for better support.
- The bra has hook and eyelet closures that are adjustable in size.
- Hidden Cup shapers help to lift and support your breasts fully.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- The Bali Double Support bra is the perfect plus size bra that supports larger breast.
- The bra consists of 100% cotton as well as spandex for stretch.
- There are a hook and eye closure at the back and full cups.
- The adjustable straps are much wider and offer better support,
- The two-ply seamless cups ensure much smoother support and comfort.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
- Goddess manufactures some of the plus-size bras on the market. For starters, they are very comfortable to wear.
- Even though you find a bra that looks nice, it all goes down to nothing if it doesn’t feel good.
- Hence, this one has successfully combined optimal support with comfort and great fit. The side slings lift and separate your breasts. However, they don’t create a visually unappealing, uneven result.
- The cups are designed to enable the breasts to stay forward while being lifted. Another great feature is the flexibility of the straps, which optimizes your comfort throughout the day.
- The back of the bra is also uniquely-shaped. The wide leotard hinders slippage.
- The next item on our list of best full-figure bras is the one designed by Vanity Fair. It provides maximum coverage since it is featured by full-cup bras.
- We have established that this is an excellent item, as you can wear it underneath many garments, including light tees.
- It is an elegant piece that creates a clean, neatline. The overall appearance of the item is also great, as it looks beautiful. At the same time, it lifts and separates the breasts as you’d expect from a fitting bra.
- After washing the bra, its shape remained intact, and we didn’t notice any shrinkage whatsoever. Nonetheless, as a drawback, the fabric of the chest band presented some wrinkles after washing.
- It looks neat and smooth under T-shirts while ensuring optimal support. The sizing is also accurate.
- This bra is a perfect fit for large-breasted women. The combination of fabrics is just right to facilitate the support you need.
- Plus, this is a bra that fulfills a great item’s functions: it lifts and separates the breasts while feeling comfortable against the skin.
- If you wish to preserve the quality of the product, we advise you to hand-wash it. This way, you increase its durability. The drawback to this is the lack of convenience. Still, it’s a compromise you should make so that the product doesn’t wear off or lose its original form.
- The Glamorise Full-Figure bra comes in large sizes and is designed for full-figure support.
- The bra consist of Polyamide materails, Polyester and elastane.
- They have wonder wire technology with a new underwire design that cushions in the band so that wires do not poke you.
- There are also smoothing shape enhancers ib the sides of the bust and stretchable lace cups.
- The front closure is much easier to use, and color options are available.
- From Olga, the No Side Effects bra has a contouring underwire bra in plus sizes.
- The bra is nylon and Spandex as well as extra stretchable.
- There are a hook and eye closure at the back and front adjustable straps.
- The Full-coverage contour bra has underwires and side coverage and elastic-free sides and back for a more streamlined look.
- The closures feature triple hooks and eyelets for a more secure fit.
- The Baomosi Plus Sized bra is a high-impact sports bra for everyday casual wear and physical activities.
- The Bra has a racerback design that offers better support and is designed for high impact support.
- There are many color options available from which you can choose as well as plus sizes.
- The bra features climacool technology that breathes and ventilates to keep your cool.
- The Elomi plus sized bras come in a variety of colors and print options from which you can choose.
- These are polyester and nylon bras with elastane straps.
- The unique non-compression design offers bust separation and shaping, as well as ultimate support.
- The sporty design is more comfortable and casual, with a racerback back design.
- The bra has moisture-wicking capabilities with a microfiber lining and straps.
- Something casual and comfortable for wearing lounging at home is the three-pack sports bras from Fruit of the Loom.
- They are supportive and comfortable for everyday loungewear and come in many colors and packs of two.
- These bras are mostly cotton with spandex for stretch and a soft polyester lining.
- They offer full coverage and light, comfortable support.
Index Table: Top Rated Plus Sized Bras
|1||Playtex Women's Secrets - Most Comfortable Plus Size Bra||Playtex||95.25|
|2||Bali Women's Double Support - Plus Size Bra||Bali||94|
|3||Goddess Women's Clara - Plus Size Bra||Goddess||93.2|
|4||Vanity Fair Women's Illumination - Bra in Plus Sizes||Vanity Fair||92.5|
|5||Elomi Women's Cate - Plus Sized Bra||Elomi||91.8|
|6||Glamorise Women's Full Figure - Underwire Plus Sized Bra||Glamorise||90.5|
|7||Olga Women's No Side Effects - Plus Sized Push Up Bra||Olga||90.3|
|8||Baomosi Women's seamless - Racerback Plus Sized Bra||Baomosi||89.8|
|9||Elomi Women's Energise - Plus Sized Sports Bra||Elomi||87.8|
|10||Fruit of the Loom Women's Front Close - Racerback Plus Sized Bras||Fruit of the Loom||87.5|
Table of Contents
- Tips to Consider When Choosing a Plus Sized Bra
- Features of a Good Plus Sized Bra
- Reviews: Best Plus Size Bras
- Playtex® Women's Secrets Most Comfortable Plus Size Bra
- Bali® Women's Double Support Plus Size Bra
- Goddess® Women's Clara Plus Size Bra
- Vanity Fair® Women's Illumination Bra in Plus Sizes
- Elomi® Women's Cate Plus Sized Bra
- Glamorise® Women's Full Figure Underwire Plus Sized Bra
- Olga® Women's No Side Effects Plus Sized Push Up Bra
- Baomosi® Women's seamless Racerback Plus Sized Bra
- Elomi® Women's Energise Plus Sized Sports Bra
- Fruit of the Loom® Women's Front Close Racerback Plus Sized Bras
- Index Table: Top Rated Plus Sized Bras