Dancing is a fun and healthy activity. Some of us dance for fun and exercise, while others practice dance as a serious form of art or a profession.
Whatever the reason, just as you need proper clothing and shoes for dancing, the best bra for dancing is also a necessity.
Why You Need a Specific Dance Bra
If you are dancing and moving, performing leaps, bounces, and even twirls, whether on stage or any other place, it could be difficult and even painful if you do not have proper support for your breast, particularly if you have larger breasts.
You may even wonder if there is actually such a thing as a bra for dancing, and yes, there are bras that offer proper support and comfort, particularly for dancing.
The type of bra that you wear for dancing will primarily rely on the type of dancing and movements and support required and the outfits that you wear for dancing.
When it comes to outfits for dancing, whether dancing on stage or casually, you want to keep an elegant and fashionable appeal with suitable dancewear, there is nothing more unappealing in a dancer than bras straps bands sticking out.
Then there is also the case of sweating and comfort, as you will need a bra in moisture-wicking materials with a seamless and tagless design that will not be causing any chafing or irritation.
Generally, most sports bras or leisurewear bras are acceptable and offer excellent support, comfort, and breathability.
Types of Dance Bras
There are a few types of bras that can be used for dancing that offer good support, and a proper fit for dance costumes, and excellent moisture-wicking capabilities;
- Costume Dance Bras – The Costume dance bra is very versatile for wearing underneath a dance costume, or any other garment, for that matter. The straps are usually multifunctional and versatile to suit the style of your specific dance costume or outfit.
- Sports Bras for Dancing – Sports bras are a very comfortable and versatile option to wear for dancing. They usually have moisture-wicking technologies, offer excellent bounce control, and a comfortable, flexible fit. Sports bras also come in many options so that you can pick the perfect design to wear with your dance outfit.
- Lounge Bras – For light support and coverage, some casual bra styles are flexible, moisture-wicking, and similar to sports bras, with less support.
- Dance Bras – Dance bras designed specifically for dancing usually have removable cups so that you can add or remove the padding. They offer full support and versatile adjustable straps. They will also consist of breathable and smooth materials.
Features of a Good Dance Bra
- Materials – Bras for dancing are usually sport bra types that come in a variety of materials such as cotton, polyester, nylon, and with plenty of stretch from elastane, lycra or spandex added to the blend.
- Design – Most sports bra types are ideal for dancing. It would be best if you are looking for sports bras that offer high to medium-impact protection. You can also opt for an off-shoulder bandeau top or crop top for dancing.
- Closure – Bras for dancing may have a hook and eyelet, clasp, or zip closure in the front or the back of the bra. Many sports bra models are usually pull-on closure options.
- Fit – The fit needs to be comfortable and supportive, and you need to make sure there are no irritating or scratchy seams or labels.
- Options – Bras for dancing come in a large array of colors, as well as standard and plus size variants, which all rely upon the specific brand and model, and what they have to offer.
Reviews: Best Bras for Dancing
In our list below, we have some of the top favorite bras for dancing that are much sought after by dancers all over the world;
From FlexTek, we have medium support, crisscross strappy bra for dancing.
- This is a Crop Top design dance bra for girls.
- The back has Crisscross Straps, and there are thin shoulder straps.
- It offers medium support and back support.
- The bra is flexible and comfortable with FlexTek technology.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
The Capezio dance bra has Transition straps and can be adjusted to suit your dance costume.
- This is a racerback design bra for dancing.
- It consists of Tactel Nylon and Spandex.
- The bra is very stretchable, seamless, and has antimicrobial protection.
- It is also doubled layered for added support
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Another excellent option from Balera is their macrame detail racerback dance bra.
- The Matte Nylon and Spandex bra is comfortable and flexible.
- It is an industry favorite for most ballerinas.
- The materials are durable, and high quality and the design is very fashionable.
- There is a racerback with macrame knit detailing for interest.
The Body Wrappers Dance bra has clear straps that will not stick out, and it provides underwire support for larger breasts.
- The Body Wrappers bra has underwire support and clear straps.
- The clear straps will not show through your costume and are very discreet.
- The bra offers excellent support and is padded with convertible straps.
- The padding can also be removed according to your preference.
Balera is a top dance clothing and apparel brand that makes some of the best dance bras available.
- The bra consists of a matte nylon and spandex blend that is very stretchable and soft.
- It has a scoop neck and open-back design for dance practice and performing.
- The four-way stretch, and nylon, provide maximum comfort and easy movement.
- It is also fully machine washable.
The Puma Solstice has a seamless design and is the perfect sports bra for dancing.
- Puma sports bras are durable, comfortable, and moisture-wicking.
- As far as your dance costume allows it, they are comfortable and discreet.
- This design I seamless and has adjustable straps.
- Sports bras are versatile and ideal to use, particularly for dance training. However, I would not recommend them to wear with your dance costume.
- It is nylon, spandex, and polyester for durable quality.
- This is a Professional dance bra.
- It is seamless and has adjustable clear straps.
- The bra consists of nylon and spandex.
- It comes in more neutral colors.
- The iMucci bra is ideal for dancing.
- It is 1005 polyester and ideal for girls and adults.
- You can select it with or without a sponge.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable.
- There are a few neutral colors available.
- The Hawiton sports bras are ideal for dancing.
- They are a low-impact sports bra with a high neck design.
- They are available in neutral colors.
- There is also light padding.
- The Motionware convertible bra is perfect for dancing.
- The straps are clear, and you can convert them to suit your needs.
- There are also more sizes available.
Index Table: Top Rated Bras for Dancing
|1||FlexTek Women's Top - Strappy Dancing Bra||FlexTek||94.75|
|2||Capezio Women's Seamless - Bra for a Dancing||Capezio||93.75|
|3||Balera Girl's Macrame - Bra for a Dancing||Balera||93|
|4||Body Wrappers Women's 297 - Bra for a Dancing||Body Wrappers||92|
|5||Balera Women's Open Back - Dancing Bra||Balera||91.2|
|6||Puma Women's Solstice - Dancing Bra||Puma||90|
|7||Molldan Women's Professional - Ballet Dance Bra||Molldan||97.3|
|8||iMucci Women's Professional - Dance Bra||iMucci||97|
|9||Hawiton Women's Sports - Comfortable Dance Bra||Hawiton||97.3|
|10||Motionwear Women's Convertible - Dance Bra||Motionwear||97.3|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need a Specific Dance Bra
- Types of Dance Bras
- Features of a Good Dance Bra
- Reviews: Best Bras for Dancing
- FlexTek® Women's Top Strappy Dancing Bra
- Capezio® Women's Seamless Bra for a Dancing
- Balera® Girl's Macrame Bra for a Dancing
- Body Wrappers® Women's 297 Bra for a Dancing
- Balera® Women's Open Back Dancing Bra
- Puma® Women's Solstice Dancing Bra
- Molldan® Women's Professional Ballet Dance Bra
- iMucci® Women's Professional Dance Bra
- Hawiton® Women's Sports Comfortable Dance Bra
- Motionwear® Women's Convertible Dance Bra
- Index Table: Top Rated Bras for Dancing