Whether you are wearing cowboy boots for no reason or pulling off a western-style look, the right jeans with your cowboy boots can make a huge difference when it comes to comfort and fashionable appeal.
The best jeans for cowboy boots will be discussed in all their glory in our article today to help you make the right choices.
Pulling Off a Western Cowboy Look
If you are aiming at pulling off more of a western cowboy look with your jeans and cowboy boots, there are a few items that are an absolute must;
- Collared Shirts – Collared shirts work well with jeans and a pair of cowboy boots for men and women. Women can opt for the tie-front or regular design collared shirts.
- Jeans – Boor Cut jeans are the best for achieving a western-style look, and opt for a dark wash or a medium wash rather than the lighter colored washes.
- Jacket – A good cowboy leather jacket with tassels or a denim jacket can complete your look. You can also go for a sleeveless jacket, cowboy style.
- Belts and Buckles – Belts with large decorative buckles are a staple for your cowboy look and go so well with your jeans.
- Hats – Cowboy hats are pushing it a bit, but if you want to pull off the complete look, you can opt for a cowboy-style hat with your outfit.
Jeans for Wearing with Cowboy Boots
There are some styles of jeans that work well with cowboy boots whether you want to pull off the cowboy style or just a regular fashion style with your cowboy boots;
- Skinny and Tapered Jeans – Any type of jeans with a slim fit around your legs, such as skinny jeans, jeggings, or tapered jeans, go well with cowboy boots; hence the boots are worn over the jeans and not under the jeans. This style is most suited to women, however.
- Bootleg Jeans – Cowboy boots can be worn with boot cut jeans underneath the jeans to pull off a regular cowboy style. This style is acceptable for men and women.
- Straight Leg Jeans – Straight leg jeans are another great option to wear with your cowboy boots. You can wear your cowboy boots underneath the jeans. This style is perfect for both men and women alike.
Features of a Good Jean for Cowboy Boots
- Materials – Jeans mostly come in either 1005 cotton or a polyester and cotton blend if you are looking for a good durable pair of jeans. Soe options may also just contain polyester blends. Spandex, Lycra, or elastane is usually added for stretchability in the jeans or the waistband. Metal is used for trimmings and for button and zip closures, which is much more durable than plastic.
- Design – Jeans that are ideal for wearing cowboy boots are usually either a bootleg or straight leg cut, and if you are wearing your cowboy boots over your jeans, a skinny or slim leg cut is more flattering.
- Closure – Jeans for wearing cowboy boots may have a zip and button, or only a full button closure. There are also a few pull-on designs available.
- Fit – Jeans come in a variety of fits, such as the hipster that sit on the hips, the mid-waist, which is just in-between, or high-waisted options. Most Cowboy jean styles sit on the hips, nonetheless.
- Options – Cowboy Boot-wearing jeans come in a variety of blue washes as well as solid color options. They are also available in standard and plus-size options depending on the brand and the model of jeans.
Reviews: Best Jeans for Cowboy Boots
Here are some of our top favorite picks in jeans to wear with your cowboy boots;
The Levis Bootcut jeans come in tall, regular, and short length options and plus and standard size options.
- The Levi’s Classic cut bootleg jeans are an absolute staple to wear with your cowboy boots.
- They have a comfortable fit with a mid-rise and roomy hip and thigh space.
- The bootleg cut is ideal for wearing your cowboy boots underneath your jeans.
- The jeans are likewise available in solid colors and washes and standard, lone, and short leg options, plus and standard sizes.
The Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans are the perfect fit and design for wearing with your cowboy boots.
- The Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans are perfect for wearing with cowboy boots, and they boast the original cowboy style.
- They are available in plenty of solid colors as well as blue washes for your preference.
- The cut is a slim fit with a midrise and a bootleg style.
- They are durable and have five-pocket styling.
The Levi’s 505 range offers many options in sizes and colors for all shapes and sizes.
- The Levi’s Straight 505 jeans are a favorite for wearing with your cowboy boots.
- They have regular straight legs and a midrise fit.
- The jeans are cotton, polyester, viscose, and elastane for stretch.
- They are available in solid colors and blue jean washes.
The Wrangler 20X is a versatile and very relaxed fit pair of jeans.
- The extremely relaxed fit of these jeans is very comfortable and also goes well with cowboy boots.
- The jeans are 100% pure and natural cotton.
- They are durable and breathable, perfect for everyday wear.
- The jeans have a relaxed fit and straight legs, with a mid-rise.
- The heavy-duty hardware used means that the zips and buttons will not let you down.
The WallFlower Instastretch jeans are a curvy fit design available in solid and color washes.
- The jeans are cotton rayon and polyester with Lycra elastane for stretch.
- They come in solid colors and blue washes for your perusal.
- The jeans offer a comfortable and stretchable fit for curvier ladies and have a boot-cut leg design.
- Furthermore, they have five pockets and are available in regular and shorter length options.
The Wrangler Retro Slim offers a slim fit in a bootcut design.
- Something a bit sleeker and slimmer is the Retro jeans from wrangler.
- They offer a slim cowboy cut fit that is comfortable to wear.
- The jeans come in solid colors and a few blue jeans washes.
- They are durable, consisting of mainly cotton and some spandex for stretch.
Index Table: Top Rated Jeans for Cowboy Boots
|1||Levi’s Women's Classic - Cowboy Boots Jeans||Levi’s||99.3|
|2||Wrangler Men's Cowboy Cut - Jeans for Cowboy Boots||Wrangler||98.5|
|3||Levi’s Women's 505 - Straight Cut Cowboy Boot Jeans||Levi’s||98.7|
|4||Wrangler Men's 20X - Jeans for Cowboy Boots||Wrangler||98.2|
|5||WallFlower Women's Instastretch - Bootleg Jeans for Cowboy Boots||WallFlower||99.1|
|6||Wrangler Men's Retro Slim - Cowboy Boot Jeans||Wrangler||98|
Table of Contents
- Pulling Off a Western Cowboy Look
- Jeans for Wearing with Cowboy Boots
- Features of a Good Jean for Cowboy Boots
- Reviews: Best Jeans for Cowboy Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Jeans for Cowboy Boots