Shopping for jeans is not always fun when you have an abundant amount of curves.
But why can’t it be fun?
All you need to do is learn how to approach jean shopping, and you’ll be fine! Don’t overthink it. Just have a look at our tips and suggestions below, and you’ll be on your way to selecting the best jeans for curvy women in no time.
How to Choose Jeans for a Curvy Figure
Jeans need to accommodate your fuller hips and thighs, so make sure you’re looking for jeans that are specifically designed for your curves rather than just choosing by cut and color.
- Color – Speaking of color, we all know that darker jeans are more flattering, but don’t be afraid to experiment with different washes and lighter colors, too. If you want a lighter color, try a pair of straight-leg or boyfriend jeans rather than boot cuts.
- Casual or Professional – Decide what kind of look you’re aiming for. Certain jeans render a more casual image, while other styles are more classy and professional looking.
- Your Individual Curves – Your curves aren’t the same as every other woman on the planet. This said you need to find something that suits you as an individual.
The cut of the jeans is important for you to balance out your proportions properly.
- Short with Full Thighs – If you have short legs and fuller thighs, try a pair of boyfriend jeans. They have a looser fit (great in the thigh area) and help lengthen your legs’ appearance.
- Plus Size with No Waist or Athletic Build – If you have plus size curves and no visible waist, try a pair of flared jeans.
- Skinny Jeans – You can absolutely wear skinny jeans if you have a curvy figure, all you need to do is stick with solid colors and make sure you choose an appropriate top that will help keep things balanced.
- Booty – If your curves are mainly concentrated in your booty, then you will probably appreciate a pair of jeans like number six on our list above.
The rise of the jeans is referring to where it sits on your waist.
In general, it’s best to avoid low-rise jeans with curves. Instead, stick with a natural rise (which rests below the belly button) and high-rise (which typically covers the belly button).
Features of a Good Jean Fit for Curvy Women
- Jean Materails – Stretchable materails are always ideal for jeans for curvy women as they allow for a more comfortable and flattering fit. Look for jeans with polyester or cotton, as well as elastane or spandex that offers stretchability.
- Cut – The Cut of the Jean will depend on how tall or short you are as well as your unique body shape. For curvier ladies, I would recommend a regular straight leg or bootleg cut and skinny jean cuts.
- Rise – The rise of your jeans is important, especially if you have a large tummy or muffin top. A higher rise such as a High or medium design rise helps flatten your tummy and easily hide away belly flab and muffin tops.
- Colors and Washes – Generally, if you want to look slimmer, darker colors are your best options, so look for medium or dark wash jeans and bold color options in darker shades.
Here is an example of Jeniffer Lopez & Beyonce, who are well known for their curvy fit.
Reviews : Best Jeans for Curvy Women
In the reviews section, we take a look at some of the best available jeans that offer a great fit for curvy ladies;
- This particular model is available in a wide range of colors and washes, has five pockets and a mid-rise waist, and works great for curvy women with wider hips.
- If these aren’t the right fit for you, then don’t worry. We are just getting started and have a few other pairs of the best jeans for curvy women to show you below!
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
|Durability & Quality||20%||95|
- The Calvin Klein Skinny fit jeans complement any body shape and all curves stunningly.
- The skinny fit comes in a curvy option made specifically for curvier ladies.
- There is a mid-rise that will flatten your tummy and five-pocket styling to add interest.
- The zip fly has a button closure and signature omega stitching.
- The jeans are extremely stretchable, which means they will fit any shape very well.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
|Durability & Quality||20%||95|
- The WallFlower Bootcut jeans will complement almost any body shape, especially those curvy ladies.
- The jeans consist of cotton, polyester, Rayon, and Spandex for stretch.
- These have a regular zipper closure and double button closure.
- The jeans are super stretchable and have a comfortable regular rise.
- The Iconolflash Stretch Jeggings are also an excellent option for curvier ladies.
- The Jeans have a slimming fit and are a Jegging design.
- They consist of a soft and comfortable, and very stretchable material.
- You can also get them in regular as well as plus size options.
- From Curvify, we have jeans specially designed to fit a curvy lady and most body shapes and types.
- These are extremely stretchable skinny design jeans that will flatter your fuller figure gorgeously.
- The jeans come in three different washes from which you can select.
- They are soft, comfortable, and completely slimming.
- Levi’s again, and this time they have something that works perfectly on women who have plenty of booties and a narrower waist. If you are pear-shaped, these jeans are your new best friend!
- They come in nine different washes, so whether you prefer something light, dark, or in the middle, there are plenty of options for you.
- They feature a mid-rise waist, and they are designed to hug your curves in all of the right places. They don’t leave a gap at the top of the waist, and they hug your hips and thighs comfortably throughout the day.
- For plus-size curves in need of a professional edge, these trousers by Lee are an excellent choice.
- They are made from 97% cotton and 3% spandex, which gives them a bit of stretch at the top, followed by a long, straight leg with a 20.5” opening at the bottom.
- Petites find these to be very comfortable, especially those with a smaller waist with larger hips and thighs. For more options for petite women check out our article for best jeans for curvy petite.
- The Pull-On Jag jeans are also very stretchable and comfortable for curvy ladies.
- They have a higher rise and a high back rise to flatten those bumps.
- There is a thick pull-on waistband design for easy on and off.
- The cut is a bootcut design that flatters most body shapes well.
- From Lucky brand, we have a regular fit relaxed jean for curvy ladies for more casual wear.
- The relaxed fit and bootcut design flatter a curvy shape and give a more casual and everyday wear appeal.
- There is a mid-rise that flattens your tummy and a wide inseam.
- The jeans come with a fashionable button closure design.
- 7 For Mankind offer you their basic bootcut design jean to flatter your curvy figure.
- They are a cotton and spandex blend making these jeans durable, soft, and highly stretchable.
- There are also plenty of colors and washes available in this model.
- The jeans have a higher mid-rise and pocket styling.
- There is a stylish and comfortable button closure.
Index Table: Top Rated Jeans for Curvy Women
|1||Levi’s Women's 711 - Curvy Ladies’ Skinny Jeans||Levi’s||95.25|
|2||Calvin Klein Women's Skinny Fit - Jeans for Curvy Women||Calvin Klein||94.5|
|3||WallFlower Women's Luscious - Jeans for Curvy Ladies||WallFlower||94|
|4||Iconoflash Women's Stretch - Jeans for Curvy Women||Iconoflash||93|
|5||Curvify Women's Stretch - Butt Lift Jeans for Curvy Ladies||Curvify||92.8|
|6||Levi’s Women's Curvy - Bootcut Jeans for Curvy Ladies||Levi’s||92|
|7||Lee Women's Plus Size - Jeans for Curvy Ladies||Lee||91|
|8||Jag Women's Paley - Curvy Ladies’ Jeans||Jag||90.4|
|9||Lucky Brand Women's Mid Rise - Curvy Ladie’s Jeans||Lucky Brand||90|
|10||7 For All Mankind Women's Bootcut - Jeans for Curvy Ladies||7 For All Mankind||89|
Table of Contents
- How to Choose Jeans for a Curvy Figure
- The Cut
- The Rise
- Features of a Good Jean Fit for Curvy Women
- Curvy Celebrities
- Reviews : Best Jeans for Curvy Women
- Levi’s® Women's 711 Curvy Ladies’ Skinny Jeans
- Calvin Klein® Women's Skinny Fit Jeans for Curvy Women
- WallFlower® Women's Luscious Jeans for Curvy Ladies
- Iconoflash® Women's Stretch Jeans for Curvy Women
- Curvify® Women's Stretch Butt Lift Jeans for Curvy Ladies
- Levi’s® Women's Curvy Bootcut Jeans for Curvy Ladies
- Lee® Women's Plus Size Jeans for Curvy Ladies
- Jag® Women's Paley Curvy Ladies’ Jeans
- Lucky Brand® Women's Mid Rise Curvy Ladie’s Jeans
- 7 For All Mankind® Women's Bootcut Jeans for Curvy Ladies
- Index Table: Top Rated Jeans for Curvy Women