When it comes to highlighting the best jeans for women, we considered many things before choosing the pairs on our list below.
Like the fact that we all come in different shapes and sizes, different washes can work great with some skin tones and do nothing for others. Price. Cut. Inseam length. You name it, we thought of it.
If you’re not sure what style of jeans will flatter your unique figure, then this is where you’ll find the answers.
Stop focusing on what looks great on other gals and worry more about making you look good!
Where to Begin To Get the Right Jean
Before you even think about taking a pair of jeans off the rack and trying them on, here are a few things to take into consideration as you start the process of elimination:
- Height – Short, medium or tall? Your height will help determine which jeans are OK and which to avoid.
- Body Shape – Square, round, hourglass, straight, pear, apple, inverted triangle? When choosing the right pair of jeans, it’s all about balancing out the proportions to achieve the best results
- Cut – There are many styles of jeans available. We’ll be focusing more on the different choices below, so keep reading!
- Occasion – Jeans are most popular in casual settings but can also work in professional settings if you get the right cut and color. Darker jeans are best in more professional settings, and the cut depends entirely on your shape and the top you plan to wear.
- Coloring – Your skin tone and hair color will help you choose the right color. Dark jeans look great on everyone; it’s the colored jeans and the lighter jeans you need to be careful with. Don’t be afraid to mix it up with some different washes, colors, and shades!
Height Impacts Your Choice in Jeans
Take your height and leg length into consideration as you choose. In general, here are some tips based on your height:
- Short – Those of you with short legs and large thighs will look good in a pair of boyfriend jeans. The fit is more relaxed, and the cropped cuff will help lengthen your silhouette.
- Medium – Those of you somewhere in the middle should consider leg length. If you have long legs but a shorter torso, opt for a low-rise pair of jeans. Longer torso and shorter legs? Medium-rise and high-rise jeans will look great on you. The cut and style vary depending on the shape of your figure!
- Tall – Flare, bootcut, and skinny jeans will look great on you. Be careful with cropped jeans and boyfriend cuts, as they can make you look “chopped off” and shorter.
Your Body Shape in Choosing Jeans
Now that you have some styles in mind based on your height, calculate your body shape:
- Slim, Slender – Stick with straight leg or skinny jeans if you have a slim, slender figure (square or rectangular shape). Try a pair of high-rise jeans if you want to give your figure more curves.
- Curvy Hips – Bootcut, yes. Flare, no Curvy hips will look good in a pair of slim bootcut jeans, but the flare is too much.
- Flat Booty – To enhance your flat backside, get a pair of jeans with large pockets or pockets that have flaps.
- Hourglass – Mid-rise skinny or straight leg jeans. No flare and no bootcut.
- Pear – Bootcut or flared jeans are great for peers who have wide hips and a narrow torso. Mid-rise is probably most comfortable.
- Apple – Get some skinny or bootcut jeans with a high waist.
Choosing the Right Cut
There are quite a few styles available. Do you know the differences?
There are many variations of these styles, but we’ll stick with the main ones here in order to avoid confusion.
Plus Size or Regular Size Options?
If you have a plus size figure, then here are a few tips to help you choose the right jeans for your shape:
- Short Legs, Full Thighs – If you have short legs and fuller thighs, try a pair of boyfriend jeans. They have a looser fit (great in the thigh area) and help lengthen the appearance of your legs.
- No Waist, Athletic Build – For a curvier, athletic build and a straight torso, you’ll look good in a nice pair of flare or bootcut jeans.
- Minimize Booty – Look for jeans that hug your curves and stick with large, flat pockets. No flaps!
Don’t be afraid of the skinny jeans, either! Typically, solid colors work best. However, some of you may be able to pull off a pair of multi-wash skinnies.
Features of a Good Jean for Women
- Materials – Jeans consist mainly of coton and spandex for strtchability, however Rayon and Polyester may be blended into the cotton.
- Cut – The cuts available are bootcut, flared, Skinny, Jegging, Straight Cut, Rider, and Capri or Cropped Lengths. You also get Mom jeans, Boyfriend and Girlfriend Jeans, as well as distressed designs.
- Rise – There are three rises, from a low rise below the hip to mid-rise just above the hip and a high rise covering the belly button.
- Colors and Washes – Colors will be solid and a variety of black. Washes come in dark and light washes in the blue range.
Reviews: Best Jeans for Women
These are some of the best available jeans for women in different cuts and styles;
- If you’re looking for a pair of jeans with a nice flare at the bottom, then Fandsway makes this reasonably priced pair.
- We just showed you some great high-waist skinny jeans, and now we have a pair of high-waist/mid-waist (the term “high” is not quite accurate) flare jeans that work well on longer legs.
- These are also stretchy (1% Spandex) and work great with high heels. They’re form-fitting and comfortable to wear.
- There are ten different washes, and some of them have different top closures (one button, lace-up and button, three buttons), which are great when you need more/less control on the top.
- These plus-size bootcut jeans from NYDJ. Quality denim, comfortable fit, and a unique “lift and tuck” top that helps enhance your curves in the back while flattening your tummy in the front. An excellent combination!
- These have a small stretch to them (1% Spandex), and they have five pockets, perfect for those with fuller thighs and backside!
- You might need to order a size smaller with these because they stretch out as you use them. That means they may feel tight at first, but if you don’t give up on them, they’ll relax into a comfortable fit.
- Solid dark denim without all of the wear lines and frills. A good, sensible pair of jeans!
- Lucky makes plenty of great jeans, and we just love these plus-size boyfriend jeans with a comfortable, relaxed fit.
- Ideal for casual wear in the warmer months, these boyfriend jeans are made of distressed denim with a slight stretch (1% Elastane used in the denim).
- Some find that they need to order a size down while others need a size up. This is a common problem with curvy figures because everyone wears their curves in different places!
- Just be sure to measure carefully before you try them. The quality of the denim is excellent, which is why you pay a bit more. Totally worth it, in our opinion!
- Looking for a great pair of high-rise skinny jeans? Vibrant has a popular pair that will have you curvy girls swooning.
- There are two faux pockets in the front and two flat, open pockets in the back (so they won’t accentuate the booty too much).
- These are great skinnies for you taller gals with fuller hips, thighs, and backside. They’re stretchy (2% Spandex), so they hug your body comfortably.
- There are five other washes to choose from, so have a look at them all to find the one you need!
- Shorter gals should beware as these have a longer inseam.
- Levi’s makes some excellent jeans in the mid-price range and their Curvy Bootcut series is a favorite of women with a curvier figure (pear and hourglass shapes).
- These are mid-rise jeans with an 18 ¾-inch opening at the bottom of the leg. The jean’s top fits nicely on those of you with a curvier backside that rises to a narrower waist because it doesn’t leave the gap that normal mid-rise jeans do on curvier figures.
- There are seven different washes available, so if you’re not fond of the wash highlighted above, have a look at the other great options!
- The Kut from the Kloth Catherine Jeans offer a very contouring and elegant fit for most women’s body types.
- The jeans are a boot cut design with tonal stitching.
- There are different colors and washes available in this model form, which you can choose.
- These jeans consist of high-quality material and are soft against the skin.
- From Wrangler the Q-Baby jeans are a top favorite when it comes to jeans for women.
- They consist of cotton, Polyester, and Spandex.
- The jeans have a zipper closure and a mid-rise fit.
- They are a rider cut design that flatters almost any body type.
- The Lee Classic Designs jeasn are an old time favorite from a top brand.
- They come in a huge array of solid colors as well as different denim washes.
- These jeans have a relaxed and comfortable fit that flatters most body types.
- They consist of cotton polyester and spandex for stretch.
- The easy Pull-on Jag jeans are comfortable and great for casual wear.
- They have a straight leg fit and a mid-rise to flatten your tummy.
- The jeans consist of Cotton, Polyester, and Spandex for stretchability.
- These jeans also come in a few color washes and different size options.
- The Signature jeans from Levi and Strauss are super stretchy and comfortable with cotton, polyester, and elastane materails.
- They have a pull-on design and come in many color washes as well as a solid black color.
- These jeans have a stunning Vintage look and a mid-rise pull-on waistband.
Index Table: Top Rated Jeans for Women
|1||Fandsway Women's Flare - Comfortable Wear Jeans||Fandsway||98|
|2||NYDJ Women's Hayden - Lady Jeans||NYDJ||97.8|
|3||Lucky Brand Women's Reese - Comfortable Wear Jeans||Lucky Brand||96|
|4||Vibrant Women's Classic - Comfortable Wear Jeans||Vibrant||97.6|
|5||Levi Women's Curvy - Lady Jeans||Levi||97|
|6||KUT from the Kloth Women's Catherine - Lady Fit Jeans||KUT from the Kloth||97|
|7||Wrangler Women's Q-Baby - Lady Fit Jeans||Wrangler||97.7|
|8||Lee Women's Classic - Lady Jeans||Lee||96.8|
|9||Jag Women's Peri - Straight Leg Jeans for Women||Jag||96.5|
|10||levi Strauss and Co Women's Gold Label - Super Skinny Jeans for Women||levi Strauss and Co||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Where to Begin To Get the Right Jean
- Height Impacts Your Choice in Jeans
- Your Body Shape in Choosing Jeans
- Choosing the Right Cut
- Plus Size or Regular Size Options?
- Features of a Good Jean for Women
- Reviews: Best Jeans for Women
- Fandsway® Women's Flare Comfortable Wear Jeans
- NYDJ® Women's Hayden Lady Jeans
- Lucky Brand® Women's Reese Comfortable Wear Jeans
- Vibrant® Women's Classic Comfortable Wear Jeans
- Levi® Women's Curvy Lady Jeans
- KUT from the Kloth® Women's Catherine Lady Fit Jeans
- Wrangler® Women's Q-Baby Lady Fit Jeans
- Lee® Women's Classic Lady Jeans
- Jag® Women's Peri Straight Leg Jeans for Women
- levi Strauss and Co® Women's Gold Label Super Skinny Jeans for Women
- Index Table: Top Rated Jeans for Women