10 Best Quinceanera Dresses 2017
So you’ve booked a church, sent out the invites and chosen your decor for your quinceanera party.
You are excited and also a little nervous to be the belle of the ball at this once-in-a-lifetime party in honor of your adulthood and independence.
To make the most of this special day, you’ll need a dress that not only fits well and looks fabulous, but is comfortable enough to wear all day.
If you’re wondering where to start when it comes to shopping for your outfit, read on for a comprehensive overview of the best quinceanera dresses.
Top 10 Quinceanera Dresses Ultimate Table
How to Choose a Look for Your Quinceanera Party
Your special day is just as important as your wedding day, so you’ll want to treat the dress purchase just as carefully—you only turn 15 once, so you may as well make it count.
Here are some things you’ll want consider before buying your dress:
- Fabric. Tulle, lace, silk, satin and taffeta are all wonderfully feminine options for your quinceanera dress. Some can be itchy or uncomfortable on your skin, so be sure to buy the dress early and wear it around the house for a few hours before the big day.
- Design. This is your night to shine like a princess, and you can choose whatever type of texture you like!
If you want a puffy princess dress that’s more dramatic than straight tulle, consider a more detailed texture like chiffon ruffles or rosettes for your skirt.
- Color. Choose a few of your favorite colors, then try to find a dress that looks great with your skin tone. Jewel tones look great with almost any skin tone, while primary and neon colors create an eye-catching contrast on dark skin.
When considering your color scheme, you may want to look into the symbolism of different colors. For instance, white is the symbol of purity, red represents passion and energy, and green is often associated with growth and security.
How to Choose a Quinceanera Dress That Flatters Your Body Shape
Do you know what type of dress cut best flatters your unique shape? Here are the basic body shapes and some suggestions on the most flattering dress cuts.
Note: Knee-length and full-length dresses with a fitted or gathered waist and V-neck top tend to flatter most body shapes.
- Pear Shape. Women with pear-shaped figured tend to have fuller thighs and hips and a smaller waist and shoulders. Most dresses will look good on you, and you may want to consider something that accentuates your small waist and curvy hips.
- Apple Shape. Women who are apple-shaped tend to have a fuller belly and larger bust. Aim for dresses with V-necks and empire waists. A-line and sheath dresses will also work to create a sleeker silhouette.
- Hourglass. People with hourglass figures typically have the same bust as they do hip measurements, with a small waist. They tend to look good in most dress styles. Consider a mermaid cut dress to highlight your small waist.
- Rectangle. If your waist, hips and chest area are all about the same width, you probably are a rectangle. You may want to consider a dress with extra detail around the hips or bust to help define your curves and add some shape.
Top 3 Best Quinceanera Dresses Reviews
This is honestly one of the most beautiful, feminine and versatile outfits we’ve seen in a while. It’s also something that you could easily wear again and again, which is why it tops our list of best quinceanera dresses.
The smooth satin halter and long, flowing skirt are flattering and comfortable and will carry you through many seasons and events. You can order this in a custom fit, which is wonderful for those who have unusual size requirements.
Pick and choose your favorite color combination out of white, pink and red, and make your style your own.
This is a great option for those who love the look of a halter and are looking for something a little bit simpler. It’s feminine but not frilly, and the separate halter top creates adds a modern, slightly sporty look.
If you love puffy ball gown dresses, you’ll want to check out this beauty from the ANTS collection. The strapless organza ruffled dress is stunning on just about every body type and is wearable through many seasons and formal events.
This dress features a lace up back which offers an excellent fit through the torso, even if you gain or lose weight. It also comes with a rhinestone belt if you want to accentuate your fabulous figure.
This fabulous princess dress comes in a whopping 17 different colors, so there’s really something for everyone here. We particularly love the unique look of the fire brick, coral and teal.
This is another fabulous find for those looking for a classic princess dress. The tulle flowers along the neckline will accentuate delicate shoulders, and the bright sky-blue color will make dark skin pop.
The dress even has little butterflies adorning the neckline, adding a bit of feminine flare.
This Cinderella gown is simply stunning and will make you look like the belle of the ball, just as it should be. It even comes with a lace up back which makes it fit many body shapes snugly and create a flattering shape.
For an added bonus of romance, you can purchase a petticoat or crinoline type skirt to give the skirt the ultra-full fairy-tale look. This is your big day, you’re a princess, so you may as well make it count!