10 Best Maxi Dresses 2017
The Maxi dress can flatter a wide variety of figures, from those with shorter legs and a petite frame to taller figures with more curves. The cut, the pattern, and the sleeves affect the overall look of the dress and how it hangs on your body.
Not sure which are the best maxi dresses for your shape? We’ll help you figure that out in our guide.
Check out the top 10 dresses in our table and then head down for useful shopping tips and reviews of the three dresses that shouldn’t be missing from your wardrobe.
Top 10 Maxi Dresses Table
|1. Happy sailed Flowers Off Shoulder Ruffle Party Homecoming Maxi Dress S-XL||Jersey||$||4.4|
|2. Zattcas Womens V Neck Sleeveless Empire Waist Floral Maxi Dress||Polyester, Spandex||$$||4.3|
|3. KRISP Women's Casual Basic Elastic Stretch Jersey Comfy Maxi Beach Summer Dress||Viscose, Elastane||$||4.3|
|4. Plum Feathers Exotic Print Smocked Waist Maxi Dress Plus & Regular Sizes||Polyester, Spandex||$||4.3|
|5. MakeMeChic Women's Casual Loose Pocket Long Dress||Rayon, Spandex||$||4.2|
|6. LILBETTER Women's Beach Crochet Backless Bohemian Halter Maxi Long Dress||Cotton, Polyester||$||4.2|
|7. Floerns Women's Sleeveless Halter Neck Vintage Floral Print Maxi Dress||Polyester||$$$||4.2|
|8. Milumia Women's Button Up Split Floral Print Flowy Party Maxi Dress||Rayon||$$$$||4.1|
|9. Awesome21 Women's Casual Soft Stretch Bold Striped Sleeveless Maxi Dress||Rayon, Spandex, Polyester||$||4.0|
|10. G2 Chic Womens Casual Safari Printed Patternd Maxi Dress||Polyester, Spandex||$||3.8|
How to Find a Maxi Dress for Your Shape
The best maxi dress is different for each person because the patterns, the colors and the cut all need to go with your shape if it’s going to work.
Here are a few tips to help you find the right one.
- Sleeves. If you’re not a fan of showing off your arms, then opt for a maxi dress with sleeves. Alternatively, you can pair a jacket with a sleeveless dress if you happen to like the pattern, cut, and colors of it.
- Pear-Shape. Go for the empire waistline. The fitted bodice (the part of the dress just below the bust) will hug your waist and make it appear smaller, while the bottom of the dress will flare out naturally without letting your hips dominate your silhouette.
- Extra Curvy. If you have an extra curvy shape, then you can also get away with the empire waist or a dress that has an elastic band that sits on the narrowest part of your waist. Again, the sleeve rule from above applies here, but both sleeveless and sleeved dresses would look good on your frame if you choose the right cut.
- Large Bust. It’s best to avoid strapless dresses or spaghetti straps. You need support for your bust and should opt for a comfortable bra that will provide it for you. Dresses with wider straps and a higher neckline will help you show off your curves comfortably.
- Small Bust. Do the opposite of the large busted figure and opt for something with a plunging neckline or ruching on the bodice to help make your bust appear a bit larger.
Choose the Right Shoes!
Forget the flip-flops, ladies. They may be useful at the beach, but for casual daily wear, opt for a stylish pair of sandals. For more formal occasions, heels will add a touch of class.
Top 3 Best Maxi Dresses Reviews
Based on durability and overall quality, these are the three best maxi dresses on our list. We realize that they might not be the right choice for everyone, so remember that each one comes in a variety of different color options and we do have seven other dresses in our table!
Happy Sailed’s stretchy jersey dress is sexy yet comfortable. The dropped shoulder line and form-fitting cut makes it a great choice for summer evening wear in a variety of settings.
It has a mermaid shape, which makes it great for curvy, pear-shaped figures and would go great with a pair of heels. We actually suggest them because the skirt is long and you don’t want to risk stepping on it as you walk.
If you’re looking for something to wear to a summer party, we highly recommend this dress. The patterns and colors they offer are definitely more beach-inspired, but they’re bold and vibrant, making them ideal for a wide variety of skin tones and hair colors.
The sizes range from Small to Extra-Large.
Zattcas’ dress is the classic example of what we suggested for pair-shaped figures. The cut will flatter your curves and hug your body in all of the right places to give your silhouette a “pop.”
We like that the material is soft and stretchy yet not see-through. It is sewn well and has a nice plunging neckline that will look great on those of you with a smaller bust. Those with larger busts can also pull it off since it has wider straps at the top so that no one will see your bra straps. It will elegantly flatter your décolletage and just happens to be a great choice for breastfeeding moms since it allows you easy access for feedings.
While the patterns are all similar (floral), the cut of the dress makes it versatile for a wide variety of shapes, and it is sewn well.
The sizes range from Small to XX-Large.
Our final suggestion is a casual, short-sleeved maxi dress that would be great for traveling.
It may look plain with the solid color and simple cut, but you have so much room to create a unique look with accessories. You have endless ways to pair some necklaces and jewelry with it to dress it up a bit, which makes it a versatile option for your wardrobe.
If you’re traveling, wear it sightseeing with some comfortable sandals. At night, add a few accessories and put on some heels to make it a bit more formal. It is a little long on those with shorter legs, which means you’ll need to plan on wearing heels with it. For taller figures, the skirt length is just right.
If you have a pear shape, petite figure or simply prefer a maxi dress with sleeves, this casual dress is the perfect addition to your wardrobe.
The sizes range from 4-16.