The minimizer bra can do wonders for a full-figured gal who wants more control over her shape.
This article will help you find the best bra for your needs and offer some tips and suggestions as you compare the various models.
You have plenty of options when it comes to reducing your bust size and offering more support to your beautiful figure, so check out the list of the best minimizer bras.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Minimizer Bra
Before you select a minimizer bra, here are some things to ponder;
- Who They Help – An abundant bust size can make it difficult to select new clothing, which is exactly why minimizer bras can be beneficial if this sounds like you. These bras are designed to help take a few inches off your chest circumference, which means that tops and jackets that were bursting at the seams will now fit and flatter your figure just like you hoped. They also help make your form more proportionate, giving you a smooth, even look.
- Who They Don’t Help – Minimizer bras aren’t the answer to every shape and body type. If you have narrow shoulders or a wide bust, you might end up enhancing the effect rather than slimming down. The idea of a minimizer bra is to help control and reduce your breasts’ size, but certain body types may look better in a full coverage bra.
If you have sensitive skin, you absolutely need to consider the type of fabric used on the bra and any other materials to react to the minimizer bra. It can do such wonders for a full-figured gal who wants more control over her shape.
Below we will help you find the best bra for your needs and offer some tips and suggestions as you compare and contrast the various models.
You have plenty of options when it comes to reducing your bust size and offering more support to your beautiful, abundant figure, so check out what other ladies just like you have had great success with below!
While minimizer bras help you lose a few inches from your bust, make sure the cut and the amount of coverage will complement the neckline of the clothing you plan to wear.
If you want to show a little cleavage and have a plunging neckline, the minimizer bra will help you fit into the top yet still reap its intended design benefits.
Other cuts will offer you more coverage, such as numbers five, seven, and eight on our list, when you wear tops with higher necklines, and you want even more control over your breast size. Some may get the “falling out of my bra” feeling with a lower cut bra, and remember that it will take some trial and error for you to find the right bra for your size, shape, and coverage needs.
Features of a Good Minimizer Bra
- Materials – Most bras consist of either cotton, nylon or polyester, in some casaes a blend of them. Elastane and spandex is used in the straps and band for stretchability.
- Closure – Minimizer bras come with either three or four row hook and eyelet closures.
- Straps – The straps of a minimizer bra are generally wider, and some are even padded for your comfort. They are also usually fully adjustable.
- Cups – The cups may have an underwire in some options but are designed to minimize and not flatten your breasts. They are usually lined and softer materials than the rest of the bra.
- Options and Sizes – Minimizer bras come in a variety of colours options, depending on the model and brands, as well as regular and plus sized options.
Reviews: Top Minimizer Bras
Here are our reviews of the best available minimizer bras;
The Vanity Fair Minimizer bra has a back smoothing and elegant design.
- Available in all of the basic colors, this nylon/spandex bra is sleek, slim and offers you a seamless look under your clothing.
- This bra is ideal when you want to throw on a t-shirt or top made out of thin material without having your bra silhouette steal the attention of your cute clothes.
- V-neck or tank tops are much more fun to wear, and there are plenty of sizes to choose from (all the way up to a 44 DD).
- The no-slip straps will keep it in place, and the wide strap on the back helps prevent skin from rolling and folding when the bra is on.
- Definitely the best minimizer bra on our list and a favorite of many full-figured ladies!
The Passion Bra from Bali is a Minimizer bra that is available in many color and size options.
- To help minimize some serious volume, try the Bali Passion for Comfort bra.
- It can take up to one and a half inches off your bust, making it easy for you to wear more of those tops that you thought you had outgrown.
- The bra comes in 36, 38, and 40 sizes (C, D, or DD cups) in addition to a wide range of colors and patterns.
- There are three hooks and eyes on the back; however, this part of the bra’s width is narrower than the previous bra.
- If you have bulging problems with bras, this might not be the right one for you (the previous bra would work better), but if you have a slim profile and yet abundant breast size, give this one a try!
From Lylyette, we have a plunge-style minimizer bra.
- This is another low-cut underwire bra that will help you show off your curves to the max when you feel like throwing on a top with a low neckline.
- Unlike some bras, this will help you minimize your size rather than your shape, helping you comfortably manage your curves.
- The underwire is also subtle, great for those who hate wearing bras that have them, and the sizes range from 34C up to 42DDD.
- This bra works great for many ladies and might be the perfect option for you, too.
- If it’s not, then have a look at the other seven bras on our list to find your perfect fit!
The Olga Sheer Leaves is a semi-sheer minimizer design bra.
- This is a synthetic semi-sheer feel bra with a three hook closure.
- The Minimizing cups have full underwire support for your comfort.
- There are fully adjustable straps for a more comfortable fit.
- The bra comes in a neutral white color option.
The Just My Size Minimizer bra offers a full cover lining and cushioned straps.
- The Cup slings, pads, and strap pads are all polyester, and there is a Nylon back.
- The full coverage lining and hook and eye closure offer a comfortable fit.
- This is a wire-free minimizing bra that has soft texture cups and mini bow applique.
- The straps are cushioned for your comfort and fully adjustable.
The Lilyette Enchantment is another stunning minimizer bra addition from this specific brand.
- The bra consists of mostly Nylon and Elastane.
- The full-coverage design has sheer lace top panels and breathable mesh sides and bottoms.
- The straps are fully adjustable for a customizable fit.
- There is also a four-row hook and eye closure at the back of the bra.
The Glamorise minimizer bra is designed to flatter fuller figures beautifully.
- It consists of polyamide, polyester, cotton, and elastane materials.
- The bra has a back hook and eyelet closure for a comfortable fit.
- For maximum comfort, the straps are wider and fully padded,
- There are delicate lace insets and cotton blended cups.
For the fuller figure, we have the Wacoal minimizer design and shaping bra.
- The Bra consists of 100% polyester and is hand washable.
- There is a broad hook and eyelet closure back strap.
- The straps are also fully adjustable and have a wider design.
- The cups are seamless, single ply, and very supportive with an underwire.
The Lilyette Magnificent design is embroidered at the neckline for more aesthetic appeal.
- The bra consists of Nylon and Elastane materials and comes in a nude and black color option only.
- It has a beautifully embroidered neckline for more feminine appeal.
- The cups minimize without flattening,
- The bra also comes with full underwire support and a shaping design.
The Bali Satin is soft and comfortable, with minimizing cups.
- The bra has a full coverage lining design.
- It consists of Nylon, Spandex, and Nylon only for the cups.
- The cups provide extra lift and support without flattening.
- The Comfort-U design ensures that the straps stay in place,
- The underwires have cushioned tips to make them more comfortable.
Index Table: Top Rated Minimizer Bras
|1||Vanity Fair Women's Beauty - Back Smoothing Minimizer Bra||Vanity Fair||99.2|
|2||Bali Women's Passion - Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra||Bali||99|
|3||Lilyette by Bali Women's Plunge - Comfort Keyhole Minimizer Bra||Lilyette by Bali||98.9|
|4||Olga Women's Sheer Leaves - Minimizer Bra||Olga||98.6|
|5||Just My Size Women's Cushion - Minimizer Wire Free Plus Size Bra||Just My Size||98.2|
|6||Lilyette Women's Enchantment - Three-Section Unlined Minimizer Underwire Bra||Lilyette||97.9|
|7||Glamorise Women's Full Figure Wirefree - Minimizer Support Bra||Glamorise||97.8|
|8||Wacoal Women's Full Figure - Simple Shaping Minimizer Bra||Wacoal||97.3|
|9||Lilyette by Bali Women's Magnificent - Beauty Minimizer Bra||Lilyette by Bali||97|
|10||Bali Women's Satin - Tracings Minimizer Underwire Bra||Bali||96.9|
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Minimizer Bra
- Bra Materials
- Features of a Good Minimizer Bra
- Reviews: Top Minimizer Bras
- Vanity Fair® Women's Beauty Back Smoothing Minimizer Bra
- Bali® Women's Passion Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra
- Lilyette by Bali® Women's Plunge Comfort Keyhole Minimizer Bra
- Olga® Women's Sheer Leaves Minimizer Bra
- Just My Size® Women's Cushion Minimizer Wire Free Plus Size Bra
- Lilyette® Women's Enchantment Three-Section Unlined Minimizer Underwire Bra
- Glamorise® Women's Full Figure Wirefree Minimizer Support Bra
- Wacoal® Women's Full Figure Simple Shaping Minimizer Bra
- Lilyette by Bali® Women's Magnificent Beauty Minimizer Bra
- Bali® Women's Satin Tracings Minimizer Underwire Bra
- Index Table: Top Rated Minimizer Bras