10 Best Sunglasses 2017
Sunglasses are not just a fashionable accessory, but they are also the thing that makes it easier to go out on a sunny day, regardless if you are on the road or the beach.
The right sunglasses will also protect you against UV light which can cause damage to your eyes, both in the short term and long term – which is why you need to be especially careful how you pick them.
If you are looking for the best sunglasses to protect your eyesight, then this guide will definitely come to your aid. It will provide tips on how to choose sunglasses, what types you can find and which ones are the most popular choices.
Things to Consider When Buying Sunglasses
There are a few factors you always need to consider when looking for the perfect pair of sunglasses:
- 100% Protection. They need to offer 100% protection from UV rays (there is usually a sticker or a tag saying how much protection the offer).
- Size Matters. The bigger, the better. If they provide more coverage, then the sun won’t get to damage your eyes.
With that being said, not all of you can wear large glasses because it depends on the shape and size of your face, so choose something that will complete your look rather than detract from it.
- Darker Doesn’t Mean Better. Dark lenses may look cool, but they may not necessarily block more UV rays than lighter sunglasses.
- Color Does Not Matter. You can get glasses in shades of green, amber or gray, and they may protect better than black sunglasses.
- Polarization Doesn’t Matter. While they may look cool, they do not necessarily cut the UV lights. They only cut the glare coming from the sun and may only make water/road activities easier.
- Cost Should Not Be a Factor. Glasses should not cost a small fortune. You can get a less expensive pair of glasses that blocks UV rays much better than a designer pair.
Your eyes can be under a better protection by simply choosing the right pair of glasses.
Top 10 Sunglasses Comparison Chart
|1. J+S Premium Military Style Classic Aviator Sunglasses||Aviator||$$||4.7|
|2. Edge I-Wear Neon Party Sunglasses||Retro Square||$||4.6|
|3. J+S Premium Ultra Sleek, Military Style, Sports Aviator||Aviator||$$||4.6|
|4. Duco Men's Sports Style Polarized Sunglasses||Sports||$$||4.5|
|5. Duduma Premium Full Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses||Aviator||$$||4.4|
|6. Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Unisex Non-Polarized||Retro Square||$$$$||4.4|
|7. Duduma Polarized Designer Fashion Sports Sunglasses||Sports||$||4.4|
|8. GEELOOK Oversized Round Circle Mirrored Hippie Hipster||Retro Round||$||4.4|
|9. Oakley Holbrook Sunglasses||Retro Square||$$$||4.4|
|10. Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses Tr90 Unbreakable Frame||Sports||$$||4.3|
Polarized vs. Non-Polarized
- Polarized Lenses. Will block the intense light that has been reflected from flat surfaces, such as pavement or water. They were made through vertical polarization, whereas the light reflected on flat surfaces by the sun is horizontally polarized.
- Non-Polarized Lenses. Do have dark shades that reduce light intensity, but they cannot counter the effects done by horizontal polarization. Therefore, the direction from which the light is coming is not taken into consideration.
Choosing the Style
Indeed, while we stress a lot over the lenses, we also need to consider the frames that go with them. After all, we will be wearing them on our faces for an entire day – and the face is the first thing that comes into vision (obviously).
Here are the styles of glasses you can choose from:
- Aviator. These glasses have large lenses in a dark metal frame. The lenses are either reflective or smoked.
- Browline. Very thick top frames that go right across the brow and thin (or none) lower rims.
- Retro Square. Boxy-shaped glasses with thick frames. Also known as the “nerdy” types of glasses.
- Round. Also known as the “John Lennon” look. While the lenses are always round, frames may vary (from thick to thin or metal to plastic).
- Sport. These sunglasses have thin, sleek lenses that are tapering at the temples. They were made to block UV rays from all sides and enhance your visibility during your ‘adventures’.
- Cat Eye. Characterized by the retro frames and the upswept angles. They give off a feminine vibe and a feline look, just like the name implies.
The best sunglasses need to protect your eyes, but they obviously have to look good as well.
Top 5 Best Sunglasses Reviews
These sunglasses are perfect for “big guys” looking for a good pair of sunglasses that will block the sun’s glare from all directions.
They offer great coverage, and they feel very comfortable around the eyes due to the fact that they are so lightweight.
They do not move around from the face, and most of the time, you may even forget you have them on. They will make your eyes feel comfy under the scorching sun, and you will only know you are wearing them just by the ease they provide.
The fact that they are polarized makes these sunglasses perfect for beach wear and driving. Since a lot of sunlight comes from reflections (roads, water, even snow), we do not even notice the stress our eyes go through. These sunglasses will block that light as well.
The construction is very solid, and this is a surprising aspect considering their asking price. The lens will not come easily off the frame, and you can go around on your day not worrying that your sunglasses will break from the slightest movement.
The shade is also dark, but not too dark, with 100% UV protection. Overall, they are a pretty convenient set of sunglasses.
These sunglasses are fun, cheap, and surprisingly sturdy. They offer 100% UV protection, so you definitely cannot go wrong with them.
The colorful rims are extremely fun to wear, and every day will seem like a party once you come in with these glasses.
The rims may be plastic, but they do not break easily – unless you actually torture them. That’s when they may break. They will, however, fit snugly around your face.
No matter if you are 9 or 82 years old – you will rock this pair of glasses in every room you go into.
They may not be polarized, but they still offer better protection than most sunglasses. They have 100% UV protection, and its effects are visible. Your eyes won’t feel as tired as you take them off, and the glare coming from the sun will be successfully stopped.
Being similar but not quite so with the pair mentioned above (premium J+S sunglasses), this one is a combination of sports and aviator styles. They look like aviator sunglasses from the front, but they taper slightly around the temples.
They are pretty large, so you can be sure that they offer excellent coverage from the sun. If your work has you outside for multiple hours, then these sunglasses will prove to be lifesavers – or in this case, eye savers.
The view you get is not too dark, and therefore, your vision will not have to suffer if you go from outdoors to indoors. The spring hinges allow you to quickly put and take them off, being highly resistant as well.
Lastly, the fact that they are polarized makes it easier for you to deal with reflected sunlight. You’ll be able to go to the beach or on a sailing trip without having to squint your eyes.
Sports fans out there will love these sunglasses. They offer 100% protection from the UV rays and block the sun that has been reflecting from flat surfaces. They eliminate the stress from the glare and reduce eye fatigue, making them very convenient.
Moreover, the lenses are scratch-resistant, so you will not have to worry that each time you forget your glasses unprotected in your pocket, they’ll come out with a scratch as big as the Berlin Wall.
They are very lightweight, so they will feel extremely comfortable on your face regardless of how much time you wear them.
Plus, they are also very sturdy and do a great job at blocking the light coming from every direction.
These sunglasses are very efficient in protecting 99-100% of the UV rays and offer superior eye protection to those looking to escape the sometimes painful sunlight. You can be sure that they will successfully eliminate eyestrain caused by sun glare.
These aviators look chic, have an excellent quality, and you can order them in many different colors.
They are wide enough to provide coverage in every direction, so your eyesight will be well protected.
The frame is also highly resistant, and the hinges (or the other frame parts) will not break off easily – even though your head circumference is a bit bigger. Regardless if you are a man or a woman, these sunglasses will talk style.
You should choose sunglasses that make you look fabulous as they are shielding your eyes. Keep in mind that you also need to take into account the environment. If you are planning to hit the beach a lot, you may want to go for polarized sunglasses.
Overall, the best sunglasses are those that make you feel most comfortable and safe.